Wednesday 20 August 2014

A long sabbatical gets over!

It's been a long sabbatical and a really long break from when I last posted. So, a welcome back to all my readers.

Today, I am sharing a dress that I made last summer. I was quite inspired by the Prada Fall 2012 RTW collection and hence I made a shift dress with embellishment inspired by the collection. I liked almost all the pieces in the collection. As Miuccia has said rightly, "This collection is about the pleasure of fashion and not any particular theory." Well, I quite admire her for this, as I am sick of theories too. There were futuristic fashion, embellishments, Menswear inspired coat dresses, power-dressing, seduction, and above all a feeling that a princess is wearing them.

Prada Fall 2012 RTW
Courtesy: Style.com
Self-designed Magenta Embellished Dress
My self-designed dress has a shift silhouette and features embellishment in the form of rhinestones, sequins and beads. I chose a magenta suede silk fabric for the dress. I would love to wear this dress with a thin black belt and black pumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment